Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The Waiting Game

Cue Tom Petty singing, "the waaaaaiting is the hardest part."

In terms of digital publishing, waiting four weeks to hear if your manuscript has been selected is not a long time. Most waiting times are 12-16 weeks. But since this is my very first submission, it feels like forever. I'm anxious and excited and fearful all at the same time. Part of me knows that expecting my very first submission to be selected is a long shot. But part of me is hopeful that it's good enough.

I submitted a contemporary/erotic romance novella, just under 30K words, to Carina Press for a holiday anthology. The theme was Harleys and Holidays. I'm a huge Sons of Anarchy fan, so this felt right up my alley. Not a full novel, subject matter I could get into. Being a full-time working mom of three, it's not easy finding the time to fit in writing. But this isn't something that's going to fall into my laugh. It's time to put forth the effort to become a writer and get out of this soul-crushing cubicle.

I'm currently plotting out the 2nd book in this series to keep me from obsessing my submission. But then I stalk the editor's Twitter feed for clues.

Still waiting...

No comments:

Post a Comment